In order to successfully synchronize TFS / Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) check-ins to Jira a number of components has to cooperate. Communication between all these components is explained on this page.
The diagrams below contains following elements:
- Jira User - personal computer of Jira user.
- Jira Server - Jira instance with TFS4JIRA plugin installed.
- TFS4JIRA Synchronizer - external application coming with TFS4JIRA (available to download from Spartez home page).
- TFS4JIRA Web Application (only for Jira Cloud) - cloud application hosted and maintained by Spartez.
- TFS / Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) - TFS server or Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) instance which we will synchronized with Jira.
Check-ins synchronization for Jira Standalone
When synchronizing check-ins for Jira Standalone, TFS4JIRA plugin communicates directly to Synchronizer application.
Check-ins synchronization for Jira Cloud
In case of Jira Cloud, there is an additional component between Jira plugin and TFS4JIRA Synchronizer. This component is called TFS4JIRA Web Application and it serves as a proxy server.
This page has no comments.