After all team members agree on an issue estimate you usually want to have the agreed value saved in some Jira custom field (we call it the estimation field). For scrum boards the field can be defined in board configuration. For kanban boards you can define the estimation field in the poker session settings.
In Agile Poker for Jira Cloud you can estimate only issues with the estimation field visible on the issue view screen. If some issues (e.g. bugs, tasks) are not visible in Agile Poker for Jira it means you have to add the estimation field to the issue view screen. Managing fields visibility in Jira is a tricky topic and we recommend using field helper for this:
- Open the issue you want to estimate in a new tab.
- Click Admin -> Where is my field as shown on the screenshot below:
- Type the field name and you will see why the field is not visible.
If you want to know more about field visibility take a look at the following articles in Jira documentation:
The recommended way of setting up the Estimation Field for a Next-Gen Kanban project is to:
- Enable the "Estimation" feature in Project Settings (Project settings → Features → Estimation)
- Select "Story point estimate" field as Estimation Field in Session Configuration (Estimation → Join Session → Session → Configure → Session Settings → Estimation Field):
It is also possible to use any custom number field added via Project settings → Issue Types → Story as the Estimation Field, but in that case you won't see your estimates (added via Agile Poker) on the board:
This page has no comments.