If you think something on this page is missing or you have any security related questions please let us know at Spartez Software Support Portal or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
Server and Data Center
In Chat for Service Management Server and Data Center version, almost all data is stored in your Jira and we do not store any data on Spartez infrastructure.
In Chat for Service Management Cloud version, only data crucial for application to be able to function are stored in our database, externally from your Jira instance. The data stored includes:
- mapping of secure identity token used by Chat widget to Jira user identity (Jira's opaque user account ID)
- configuration data required for the operation of Atlassian Connect framework used by the application
- chat configuration data for your Jira projects
- list of Jira account IDs of support agents who are currently online
- online schedules of support agents
- list of websockets open by your customers using chat widget and by your support agents, including "last seen” property
- WhatsApp credentials required to work with WhatsApp Business Platform (if WhatsApp integration is enabled)
Apart from that the files attached to the conversations are stored in Amazon S3 storage. This is needed to correctly display the attachments in the conversation and to let permitted users download them when using Chat widget. The files will be permanently deleted from Amazon S3 storage after 7 days.
The data above is only accessible by the Chat application itself for its internal purposes, and to you, and your users, accordingly to the permissions
It is important that contents of conversations (not including attachments) between chat customers and your support agents are not stored outside of your Jira (and WhatsApp, if enabled) - they are stored only in Jira issues. However, during the conversation, the data passes through and is processed by our backend, located in Amazon AWS Lambda, in the eu-central-1 region (Frankfurt).
The data that we store is held securely in the Amazon AWS DynamoDB database and Amazon S3 storage, in the eu-central-1 region (Frankfurt).
If WhatsApp integration is enabled, your users' data (WhatsApp name and phone number) is stored in Issue Properties in Jira and is only accessible via Jira API.
Additionally, we store analytics data, using: