Tight integration with Jira allows updating Jira issues directly from Whiteboards in several ways:
- Using the edit issue dialog.
- With the "Update issues" tool.
- With the "Issue table" tool.
Editing issues with the edit issue dialog
Double click the issue card to open the issue edit dialog. Quickly edit issue fields there.
Using the "Update issues" tool
With the "Update Issues" tool you can turn part of the whiteboard into an "update" area. Dropping issues to the area runs an action on them. This action can be e.g.:
- assigning the issue to a person,
- setting issue's estimate,
- updating issue rank (order) on the backlog,
- transitioning issue to a different state,
- updating issue field to a specified value,
- creating a new Jira issue out of a regular whiteboard card.
You can define as many "Update issues" areas as needed. You can even stack them so that dropping issues to a whiteboard area execute multiple actions simultaneously.
Using the "Issue Table" tool
This feature is available only in Whiteboards for Jira Cloud
The "Issue table" is a one or two-dimensional table that allows one to quickly overview and change (with drag&drop) current issue field values. Sample use cases include:
- issues prioritization on the priority/urgency table.
- risk assessment using likelihood/impact custom fields.
Currently, only the priority field and custom select custom fields are supported.
Live & Playground Mode
Issue table can either work in the Live or Playground mode:
- In the Live Mode, moving issues between table cells update Jira instantaneously. Similarly, updating issues in Jira moves issues in the table (two-way synchronization).
- In the Playground Mode the synchronization is disabled. It means moving issues on the issue table does not affect them in Jira until switching back to the Live Mode.
You can switch between the Live and Playground modes using the "Jira Sync" toggle on the issue table toolbar.
This page has no comments.