Please reach out to Appfire support in case of any questions or issues concerning below manual.
Contact details: Need support ?
- Install SQL Express (steps below)
- Install Export SQLCe tool
- (optional) Install SQL Server Management Studio (SMSS)
SQL EXPRESS 2019 installation
- Download the installer for your system: SQL Express
- Start CUSTOM installation
- Choose: New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation
- (optional) - do not install Machine Learning Services
- Named instance: TFS4JIRA
- Collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- Authentication mode: Mixed mode
- SA password: <password>
- please setup a custom, strong password
- some Windows systems require strong passwords via Group Policy
This manual operates on the default user credentials used in TFS4JIRA (provided out of the box). Users may choose to setup different user credentials, especially password that will be used by the application. Here are the password locations that must be corrected:
- DB_creation.sql script
- web.config, <connectionString> section for "SyncProfileContextExpressConnection"
Users may choose to run the scripts provided below using SQL Server Management Studio (SMSS) instead of SQLCMD commands.
Stop TFS4JIRA Synchronizer application pool in IIS using IIS Manager (cmd: inetmgr)
Export SQL CE database into an .sql script (schema and data)
- Download Export SQLCe tool (unzip to find .exe file)
Run the following command in the directory where you have downloaded Export SQLCe tool (remember to start terminal as the administrator):
ExportSqlCe40.exe "Data Source=C:\<tfs4jira synchronizer installation directory>\App_Data\config.sdf;Max Database Size=4000;" Synchronizer_SQLCE_DB.sql
When the resulting script size exceeds 18,528 KB, ExportSqlCe40.exe tool automatically breaks down the output files into chunks with index numbers. Check the table below for the expected output and run time:
config.sdf file size
# of chunks / .sql file count
Total size of .sql scripts
Data migration duration
- Outcome example
- (optional) Ppen generated file using SSMS and make sure that file is not empty, you should see SQL commands creating schema and adding data in file.
Create new DB in SQLExpress
- Download the script file: DB_creation.sql
In the folder containing above script please create a BAT file or run this command:
sqlcmd -S localhost\tfs4jira -d MASTER -i DB_creation.sql -E -e > DB_creation.txt
- DB_creation.txt will be created in the same folder with script result, example entry:
Populate TFS4JIRA database with SQL CE database schema and content
In the directory where you have exported SQL CE Database content to (location of Synchronizer_SQLCE_DB.sql file), execute the following command:
sqlcmd -S localhost\TFS4JIRA -d TFS4JIRA -i Synchronizer_SQLCE_DB.sql -E -e -x > DB_migration.txt
Result will be saved into DB_migration.txt
In order to import all the chunks in to SQL express database with single command please run below. Note that all chunks are placed in the EXPORT folder in this example:
- for /f %f in ('dir /b .\EXPORT') do sqlcmd -S localhost\tfs4jira -d TFS4JIRA -i .\EXPORT\%f -E -b -e -x > DB_migration_%f.txt
- if used in BAT file: for /f %%f in ('dir /b .\EXPORT') do sqlcmd -S localhost\tfs4jira -d TFS4JIRA -i .\EXPORT\%%f -E -b -e -x > DB_migration_%%f.txt
-b : on error batch abort - process will stop on error
-e : echo input
-x : disable variable substitution
Update migrations history
- Download SQL script: Update_migrations_history_for_SQL_Express.sql
Execute the script on SQL Express database, either by using the command below or by opening this file using SSMS and executing it there (run the command from the script location):
sqlcmd -S localhost\TFS4JIRA -d TFS4JIRA -i Update_migrations_history_for_SQL_Express.sql -E -e > DB_migration_history.txt
Result is saved into DB_migration_history.txt
Update connection string in web.config (default location: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tfs-jira-synchronizer)
- Update "forceDbType" application setting by changing its value to "SyncProfileContextExpressConnection".
- Search for: <add key="forceDbType" value="SyncProfileContextConnection" />
- Replace with: <add key="forceDbType" value="SyncProfileContextExpressConnection" />
Start TFS4Jira Synchronizer application pool in IIS
In order to validate that TFS4JIRA Synchronizer uses SQL Express you can add a new profile or rename one of the existing ones. After that please query "SyncProfiles" using below command
sqlcmd -S localhost\TFS4JIRA -d TFS4JIRA -q "select * from SyncProfiles" -E -e > DB_migration_validation.txt
You should see your changes in DB_migration_validation.txt. Example content:
In case something goes wrong or there will be problems with SQLExpress database, you can always go back to use SQL CE database. In order to do so follow this steps:
- Stop TFS4Jira Synchronizer application pool in IIS
- Change "forceDbType" application settings in Web.config back to "SyncProfileContextCeConnection"
- Start TFS4Jira Synchronizer application pool in IIS
This page has no comments.