Agile Poker Server/DC
This part of the documentation relates to Agile Poker for Jira Server and Data Center. If you use Jira Cloud go to the Agile Poker for Jira Cloud documentation.
"Story Points" is the default estimation field in Jira Software, and out of the box it's configured for issues of type Story or Epic but not for Bugs.
If you want to estimate bugs you have to add field "Story points" (or a custom field you use for estimation) to the Jira view issue screen for this issue type. In order to do that:
- On the Jira Software backlog view join an estimation session and click an issue of type "Bug" as shown on the image below. Notice the link "How to enable this field?"
- Click link "How to enable this field?". On the popup that will appear click button "Enable":
- Since now it will be possible to estimate issues of this issue type.
Adding the "Story Points" to the issue view screen manually
If you prefer to manually control fields visible on Jira issue screens you can add the "Story Points" field to the view issue screen following the instruction below:
- Navigate to the "Custom Fields" page, locate "Story Points" custom field choose "cog" icon and click "Configure".
- Locate the context named "Default Configuration Scheme for Story Points" and click the "Edit Configuration" link.
- Under "Choose applicable issue types", select the issue type(s) which you want to estimate.
This page has no comments.