This part of the documentation relates to Agile Poker - estimation tool for Jira Cloud Classic projects.
If you use Jira Cloud next-gen projects go to the Configuring estimation field for next-gen projects.
If you use Jira Server or Data Center go to the Agile Poker for Jira Server and Data Center.
Kanban boards don't support estimation out of the box and some configuration has to be done before using Agile Poker for Jira Cloud. The required configuration includes:
- defining an estimation field,
- adding the estimation field to the edit issue screen.
Defining the estimation field
After all team members agree on an issue estimate usually you want to have the agreed value saved somewhere. For Jira scrum boards there is a special field for this purpose called Story points. Unfortunately kanban boards don't have such field out of the box. It means you have to define where issue estimates will be stored. In order to do that go to the Agile Poker for Jira Cloud configuration screen and use the Estimation field dropdown.
You can either select one of the existing fields or create a new custom field following instructions on this documentation page. If your custom field is not on the list of available options for estimation field please ensure that:
- it's a numerical field - fields of other types are not supported,
- it's on the view issue screen for all issues on your board.
Adding the estimation field to the edit issue screen
Sometimes you may get the following message when trying to save issue estimation:
If you see this error message please ensure that the estimation field is visible on the edit issue screen. Managing fields visibility in Jira is a tricky task and we recommend using field helper for this:
- Please open the problematic issue in a new tab.
- Click Edit button and on the Edit issue screen click link Where is my field as shown on the image below.
- Then type the field name and you will see why the field is not visible.
If you want to know more about field visibility take a look at the following articles in Jira documentation:
This page has no comments.