Canned Responses Pro can be used in the Comment field, Description field and any Text Field (multi-line) custom field in Jira Server or Data Center. In this guide we will focus on the Comment field to see how Canned Responses Pro works.
Using an existing canned response
- Click 'Comment' or type 'm' to go directly to the Comment field to see the Canned Responses Pro panel.
- Click the drop-down menu to see the list of all canned responses available or type '$hi' to see an example Hi reporter template.
- Select the template from the drop-down menu or type 'Enter' to select the template.
Creating a new canned response
- Click the '+' button to add new canned response.
- Fill in the template name and content. Type "$' in the Response content field to see available macros. Add letters after the $ symbol to find a specific macro.
- Save your new canned response. It's instantly available from the drop-down menu.