Automated actions are live!
Each template can include individually triggered sequence of actions.
They can be used in situations when a human agent needs to identify the case, make decisions, reply to the customer and then manually trigger some changes in Jira.
- Transition an issue (e.g. to Done)
- Change filed values (e.g. Assignee)
- Trigger a web request
- To external service (integrations etc.)
- To trigger Jira Automation
How it works
You can add actions while creating or editing a template
Using templates with actions
After inserting a template with actions – they are scheduled to take place after the content (comment or issue description) is saved.
Before saving and running actions you can remove selected actions if needed – prohibit them from running that particular time.
Actions are run in sequential order – one after another.
If more than one template with actions is used while creating the content – all the actions will be queued and eventually run.
If an error occurs the execution will be paused – following actions will not run until it is resumed
Triggering Jira Automation
Ability to trigger Jira Automation is especially flexible – you can basically do all the things that you can do with automation, including:
- change this specific issue (edit/append summary or description of the request, add comments, etc.)
- change, add etc. any other issues (add bugs, etc.)
To trigger Jira Automation from a template:
I. In Jira, create automation rule in Jira Automation
- Set its trigger to be "Incoming webhook" – see more in Jira documentation
- Copy the Webhook URL
II. Create a new template
- Add "Send web request" action
- Use "POST" method and URL copied from Jira Automation triggerCreate a template
- Add optional parameters to the body of the request, for example using macros
You can mix and match and add multiple actions to the sequence for each template – to suite your specific processes.
Closing tickets – for thanking the customer and closing issues
Reacting to known bugs – when the problem is known, agreed to be assigned to particular person, labeled and closed
Creating new bug with Jira Automation
Integrating with smart devices in office
Sending notifications to Slack
In case there is anything that you'd like to do with actions, but currently can't – please let us know, and let's if we can help with it.
We are planning to support more actions, including:
- Linking issues – automatically linking specified or new bugs etc.
- Adding internal notes – replying to a customer can schedule additional internal note for your colleagues
Please let us know if you would like to see them implemented quickly, so we can prioritize accordingly!
This page has no comments.